top of page
18 & 19 L.jpg

      Kulturstigen          18 & 19

The village's oldest preserved house

During the 1820s, N. O. Burman sold parts of his first settlements on the North Side to Gustav Fredrik Flinkfelt and his wife Anna-Brita. Currently, the new owners of the spit are Bjelfman / Löfmarksdelen.


Their first small timbered dwelling house, now the village's oldest preserved house, was finlly moved from the hill down to the lake. There it had the function of a bakery and sleeping cabin.


When G. F. Flinkfelt died, the widow handed over the new building to her sister Margareta and her husband Johan Andersson-Löfmark from Skellefteå in 1830.


(Free drawing by Einar Wallquist)


Most buildings of newly established farms looked more or less like shown on the picture. The buildings most people usually had were:


Dwelling house

Cowshed with horse stable





Outbuilding ('Utedass' from the German 'Das Haus' = the house)


Sometimes also a small smithy.

bottom of page